Monday, 2 April 2012

Chaotic Preparation Continues

For the last eight weeks or so, I have spend most of my waking hours either writing resources, emailing, putting together what I'm taking, or thinking about Vietnam. After a change of plans regarding which facility I was going to work with, I'm now well into preparation. Robyn, the director of Childrens Hope in Action where I will be working, has an awesome project planned for severely disabled kids, with a pilot project beginning sometime this year. What really attracted me was the goal of the project, which is to roll it out into more remote and rural areas. Phuong, the physio who works at CHIA seems absolutely lovely from her emails, and can't wait to start working with her.
Fair warning - I'm all but computer illiterate, and while my aim is to post pictures etc, this depends on me not throwing the computer across the room before I can do so! I'm also really happy to share any resources I've written and/or had translated, but again, that has to wait until I can work it out. I've nearly finished a really simple illustrated developmental assessment and a set of simple illustrated therapy charts among lots of other stuff developed over the years. I go over in three weeks. I can just about smell the coffee now! Vietnamese coffee with sweetened condensed milk is unbelievable- two every morning leave me pumped and ready for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment