Thursday, 19 April 2012

Time to go

After considering the need to pack since Sunday, I've finally got organised with 2 hours to spare. Nothing like the pressure of last minute packing. I have everything I consider an absolute necessity for Vietnam: bandages and Betadine because you never know when your car is going to run over a poor farmer on the road to Tam Ky- true story, antiobiotics, sunblock, mozzie spray and based on the likelihood (so far not realised) that at some stage you're going to need it, Gastro-Stop. Half the bag is stacked with toys, books and stuff I've written. Yesterday I picked up my finished Child Development Assessment, and Therapy Charts for the physiotherapist in CHIA. They look amazing, and I hope they are useful for her. So many people have rung or emailed this time around to wish this enterprise well, and people like the lovely Lisa at my work have made my life so much easier by offering advice and written information that I would have otherwise have spent a long time over there putting together. It's wonderful to have had the help of Occupational therapists like Lisa, and speechies like Melissa and Erin. Thanks to all! Off to get in to the Cold and Flu tablets, because just like every year after working in Sydney at Easter, a cold is coming on. Next time I write I'll be in Vietnam. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment