Sooo, where was I? Went to see a dear little girl today, who spends most of her day being looked after by both of her Grandfathers. Extended family is the norm here. These men were fantastic, and again, I feel blessed to have met this family. The little girl is perfect for the POD, however, one of her Grandfathers seemed a little sad when we discussed it (even though they expressed interest), and I fear he will be lost without his little girl to look after.
This afternoon, we had a staff meeting, which started with 'team building'. Normally I'd run for the hills at the sound of this, but it was totally hysterical. After the meeting we had cake for two of the staff (birthdays)- one of them the lovely girl who I call 'daughter' because she'd like to marry one of my children. Finished the working day with planning and programs for the kids of the POD.
Debriefing was a few glasses of wine and chips on the balcony of the Cua Dai hotel were we are staying ( a really nice way to end the day).
We hopped a taxi to "Chips and Fish" over the river and met a bunch of expat friends of Robyn's, who all turned out to be wonderful company. By the way, the chips here (and the first non Vietnamese meal I've had since leaving Australia) are SENSATIONAL. My husband and kids won't understand the attraction, but the fried eggplant was also great.
Tomorrow we are going to Tam Ky to see my friend Mrs Hanh and I can't wait. I love her to death, so should be a fun weekend. Holidays here Monday/Tuesday, but we've decided to work Tuesday anyway as we have so much to do. Have a great weekend everybody, and hey, I'd love to hear from anybody- as much as I love it here, it would be great to hear from home!
Sandie
| Rice pancakes for breakfast. Can't even describe how good they are! |
| Lost in the back streets of Hoi An without a GPS in sight. |
| Two sweet and caring Grandpa's. I won't forget these wonderful men and how loving they were to their little grand daughter |
| Working through our questions. |
![]() |
| Just can't stress how important that tummy time is. |
| The friendliest people in the whole world. CHIA staff, each and every one a friend already and the thought of leaving them in two weeks makes me sad! |

No comments:
Post a Comment