Read about my upcoming visit to Vietnam where I will be volunteering as a physiotherapist. I've done this for the last four years in various places in Vietnam, but this time my friend Benita (a teacher) and I are going to work with a charity called Childrens' Hope in Action based in Hoi An.
I'm commenting on my own post which has a title but nothing else. This is what happens when you try to write and work at the same time! I'm sitting in a small booth with my son and his friend talking over the top of me, but no excuses, just useless really. I really wanted to get my books out and go over some Vietnamese but haven't had the chance. It was brilliant in Hue last year being able to speak a little to the kids, to ask them to roll over, sit up, stand etc. And if I got it wrong, it was fun to see them laugh their heads off! Vietnamese is a beautiful musical language, and although each word is really one syllable, getting the tones right is a nightmare! Even though I've been so fortunate in having an interpreter most of the time in most of the places I go,I still think it is more respectful to try and speak as much as I can. Anyway, this afternoon I found some beautiful puppets and fan wheels that I think the kids in Vietnam would love. CHIA is planning on setting up small groups of kids to be looked after in their own communities with the support of the CHIA physiotherapist. My friend Benita and I are working on schedules to help give structure to their day, including language, signing, movement sessions, fine motor skills, life skills etc. Better get back to work, but the count down is really on now, Vietnam is getting so close!
I'm commenting on my own post which has a title but nothing else. This is what happens when you try to write and work at the same time! I'm sitting in a small booth with my son and his friend talking over the top of me, but no excuses, just useless really. I really wanted to get my books out and go over some Vietnamese but haven't had the chance. It was brilliant in Hue last year being able to speak a little to the kids, to ask them to roll over, sit up, stand etc. And if I got it wrong, it was fun to see them laugh their heads off! Vietnamese is a beautiful musical language, and although each word is really one syllable, getting the tones right is a nightmare! Even though I've been so fortunate in having an interpreter most of the time in most of the places I go,I still think it is more respectful to try and speak as much as I can. Anyway, this afternoon I found some beautiful puppets and fan wheels that I think the kids in Vietnam would love. CHIA is planning on setting up small groups of kids to be looked after in their own communities with the support of the CHIA physiotherapist. My friend Benita and I are working on schedules to help give structure to their day, including language, signing, movement sessions, fine motor skills, life skills etc. Better get back to work, but the count down is really on now, Vietnam is getting so close!
ReplyDelete