Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Sometimes I work!

Quiet day as far as preparation goes, only four Vietnam related emails. I've just got back the assessment I wrote for physiotherapists from the graphic designer, so looking forward to checking through that.
Actually went to work today and plowed through as much as possible as I'm feeling very guilty- two weeks off working with the family business (leaving tomorrow), then back for only one week before I go to Vietnam. Just wanted to say to the lovely girls I work with... SORRY, SORRY, SORRY! I know I hog the conversation with 'Last time I went to Vietnam...", "It's really different in Vietnam....", "Next time I go to Vietnam...." but really, it's difficult not to think about it. Thanks for being so understanding, I'm blessed to have you all to work with. Just saying, but when I get back perhaps you should all take extended leave until I get it out of my system!
It seems crazy to me that every time I go I have so much to prepare. I wonder whether it will get to the stage where I can just jump on a plane and leave? Problem is, each time I go I'm doing something different- supervising university students in Hue, training Vietnamese physiotherapists (and the odd random Doctor and nurse thrown in) in Da Nang, supporting my friend Joanne who was working as a volunteer in the Da Nang area, staying at volunteer houses down in Tam Ky (Mrs Hanh and Grandma, I love you and miss you!) and Da Nang working with the kids, and training the physiotherapists and working in Orphanages, various little centres and facilities and The Disabled Hospital.  I've met a whole world full of beautiful volunteers, and lets be honest, some that I could cheerfully strangle, but the later I put  down to my own temper and lack of patience.
Another day of work tomorrow then it's off to Sydney.


No comments:

Post a Comment